OpenTempo’s Medical Staff Scheduling Software enables healthcare organizations to manage complex clinical work assignments more effectively.
While healthcare organizations rightly continue to invest in their clinical team members, the tools available to manage how those team members are assigned often fail to take the complexity of their work into account. To effectively align your clinical workforce to evolving patient demand, your scheduling practices must facilitate roles that:
- Require specific skills and credentials of the team members and how you can most effectively deploy those clinicians,
- Encompass clinical guidelines and coverage commitments and the variability of that demand on a daily basis,
- Support a fair and balanced distribution of effort like on-call coverage,
- Drive incentive payments and overtime expense especially with fluctuations in patient demand and coverage requirements,
- Participate in clinical care teams – especially those that span locations or disciplines,
- Include measures of productivity as a core performance indicator,
- Balance clinical commitments against research and teaching requirements in Academic environments.
OpenTempo’s rule-based scheduling solution solves for this complexity by automating the process of clinical staff schedule creation, publication, and management across specialties, departments, services lines and locations of care. Incorporating both physicians and other clinicians’ requirements, OpenTempo dramatically reduces the time needed to build schedules and streamlines day-to-day assignment management. And with OpenTempo’s mobile experience, clinicians can manage their time conveniently from their smart device. OpenTempo features:
- Automated schedule creation based on the rules and policies you designate for any type of clinical work assignment. The rules can accommodate both organizational as well as practice or service-line policies, coverage needs, or work balance requirements and automatically build schedules for any period of time. OpenTempo becomes a single source of truth for your individual and team schedules and is updated in real-time with permission-based access and publishing down to the provider level.
- The option to schedule team members based on pre-established and flexible work patterns that can fluctuate across periods.
- Requests for assignment changes and the opportunity to swap assignments online supported by the same rules engine that creates the schedule. These capabilities allow you to honor both policy and preference and give clinicians more control over their busy schedules. This includes the opportunity to track or match PTO or other time away credit data within OpenTempo or based on connectivity to your system of record.
- Connectivity to your electronic health record, patient scheduling, or surgical scheduling systems to align staff management with patient appointments or upcoming cases and provide transparency to assignments for clinicians.
- For hospitals and health systems, visibility to schedules across departments or service lines to facilitate care team communication and transparency.
- An integrated mobile experience for all clinical users including integration with their calendar application of choice (Outlook, iCal or other platforms). OpenTempo can and should be a 100% mobile experience for clinical team members.
- OpenTempo’s medical staff scheduling software also integrates with our effort tracking and compensation modules to inform clinical commitment and especially incentive compensation tracking. It also forms the foundation for the advanced clinical workforce analytics available through OpenTempo Insights.