The Director of Sales position will be responsible for delivering new business sales to OpenTempo by managing sales related activities and sales goals. This position will also work closely with all other departments of OpenTempo to ensure a high-quality customer experience. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.
The core success criteria of this position are:
- Ability to understand all aspects of the prospect’s relevant business dynamics to position OpenTempo’s solution to directly correspond to the customer’s need.
- Ability to translate business and customer needs into engaging customer presentations and proposals.
- Ability to manage the sales process effectively within OpenTempo’s prospects.
- Ability to be creative in positioning our solutions to prospects and work with all levels of OpenTempo employees and customers to effectively bring sales processes to closure and ensure seamless transition to implementation.
- Ability to work as an entrepreneur, as well as have the desire to assist in establishing solid business structure to ensure effective growth.
The Director of Sales will work closely with peers around the company, primarily:
- Chief Executive Officer and Vice President of Sales to address needs for lead generation and keep up-to-date on all assets available to the team, including white papers, case studies, sell sheets and web content.
- Other Directors of Sales to address common issues experienced across territories and support each other with best practices and experiences.
- Operations Team to smoothly transition from sales team to implementation team as an organization goes from prospect to client.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for proactively managing all sales related prospect activity and sales attainment goals for the assigned geography/territory. Such territory focuses on sales to new prospective customers.
- Execute on the OpenTempo Go to Market strategy for 2018.
- Perform deep research on your prospects and use this to create impactful presentations, discussions, proposals and sales strategies.
- Effectively and predictably bring sales processes to closure, work well with internal resources, and be competitive while striving for excellence.
- Communicate effectively at all levels within an organization (CXO, Department Chairperson, Administrators and Clinicians), and must be familiar and comfortable with the Challenger Sale methodology and sales processes.
- Proactively learn new aspects of OpenTempo’s product and industry, and work to exceed assigned target quota.
- Coordinate sales activities, marketing materials, customer presentations, and sales contracts with appropriate departments within OpenTempo such as implementation and customer support to ensure seamless transition and service to the customer.
- Utilize the OpenTempo CRM (Salesforce.com) to track all sales activity and account information.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in sales in healthcare IT, healthcare staff scheduling, anesthesia and/or periop workflow is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field is required.
- Proven ability to work in an environment of rapid growth, with an expectation of close teamwork with all employees while meeting or exceeding sales activity targets is key.
- Proven ability to communicate to prospects and OpenTempo employees verbally, in writing, in person and via the web is essential.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with using salesforce.com (or a similar CRM) to manage and document sales activities and forecast new business opportunities.
- Proven ability to work through strategic sales processes that last 3-9 months is critical, along with the communication and coordination this will require at all levels of OpenTempo.
- Familiarity with The Challenger Sale methodology is preferred. Preferred competencies for this role include strategic thinking, courage, creativity, active learning, and tenacity.
- The ability to put together effective teams to reach stretch targets and establish critical business protocol in a growing company is important.
- An employee in this position must be able to travel 60% of the time.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume to: email@example.com