The Integration Development Manager is responsible for product planning and product development activities for the OpenTempo API, core policies, core scripting, core reporting, core 3rd party integrations, and the reporting schema. Working closely with Service, Product Management, and Sales, this person represents the Integration Development team by providing feature input, design, time estimates, and feature release planning. The Integration Development team will also be responsible for providing technical specification and risk assessment, as needed, for Sales and Service. This position will coordinate and collaborate with the Product Development manager on issues impacting both teams, and will work in partnership with Product Development to develop and implement consistent and effective team processes.
The Implementation Development Manager will provide both technical vision and team leadership as we grow as a company. He/she will serve as a communications liaison between Integration Development, our customers, and the rest of the business, delivering important announcements, managing expectations, and inspiring the team.
With deference to other duties, the Integration Development Manager will also serve as a team developer, estimating, defining and developing features with the rest of the team. The amount of time spent in the capacity of a developer will vary over time based upon the requirements of the development cycle, the size of the team, and the other priorities that require active management.
The Integration Development Manager is expected to be self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented and able to provide exceptional product development through organization, leadership, technology and the implementation and execution of best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Integration Development team and processes for core integration and customization technologies.
- Work in cooperation with Product Development to implement consistent processes and achieve outstanding product releases.
- Build and grow a cohesive and powerful team of top notch software developers
- Work with Product Management to define product direction, develop and manage development schedules, priories, and timelines
- Collaborate with Product Management to ensure clearly defined user stories, product definition, and acceptance criteria
- Manage feature scoping and estimating process to ensure that development effort can be predicted and delivery expectations can be managed
- Oversee requirements analysis, design, construction, integration, unit testing, and conversion activities
- Work closely with the Service teams to ensure that critical bug fixes and critical go-live features are addressed in a timely fashion
- Serve as a communications liaison between Integration Development, our customers, and the rest of the business, serving as the final escalation point for technical issues unable to be resolved in Services.
- Deliver status updates to Development, Product Management, customers, company leadership, and others, as needed.
- Assess and communicate risks based on complexity, resources, and timeline constraints
- Supervise team and provide career coaching, mentoring, on-boarding, and performance reviews
- Work as a software developer as management duties allow
- Helping develop specifications during the Sales cycle for atypical customizations and complex integrations
- Working closely with Services leadership to discuss and prioritize enhancements to be developed for customers by the Integration Development team
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-stakes development environment
- Experience managing customer relationships and developing customer trust
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and performance in leading people, influencing, and motivating.
- Proven success an individual contributor and in leading projects
- Proven success demonstrating problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to lead cross-functional team efforts
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to effectively mentor others
- Demonstrated ability to implement, execute, and comply with best practices; advocate of organizational processes
- Domain knowledge of software development and development best practices
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume to: email@example.com