Product Owners are responsible for ensuring the usability, delivery, and completeness of the OpenTempo solution by representing both internal stakeholders and the voice of the customer. They are accountable for ensuring that the development team delivers value to the business by considering the product from the perspective of its users and the goals of the business. A Product Owner writes customer-centric items, including user stories, functional specifications, feature descriptions, testing plans, and release notes. Product Owners work with customers and internal stakeholders to gain input on product direction for features already developed, in-progress, and planned. They collaborate with their supervisor, the Chief Technology Officer, to set the development plan and timeline. Using the development plan and estimates from the product development team, he or she manages, ranks, and prioritizes features and organizes the product direction backlog. Product Owners are responsible for the Acceptance process of each release including feature completeness, acceptance testing, and user experience. The Product Owner must also collaborate with our sales team as well as our Chief Strategy Officer to understand market requirements, support our sales efforts, and inform product direction. Product Owners are among our greatest product experts and are expected to develop a knowledge of the product that is second to none. As experts, they will be called upon to demonstrate, teach, mentor and support customers, sales prospects, and new hires of new and existing functionality as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Chief Technology Officer to plan and prioritize the development team’s priorities and agenda.Write development “user stories”, functional specifications, feature descriptions, and testing plans.
- Work with the Implementation and Support teams to identify priorities that impact go-live timelines and features critical to customer success.
- Manage feature completeness and acceptance testing.
- Work with our internal teams and with customers to gather requirements and receive input on feature usability, feature completeness, and future product direction.
- Ensure that any feature / bug escalations are understood by the development team and that appropriate expectations and remediation are handled with our customers.
- Manage and organize the product backlog.
- Advocate for customers and deliver improvements that continually add value to the customer experience.
- Work directly with our sales team members to support their efforts on specific qualified sales opportunities as identified by the Vice President of Sales and/or Chief Growth Officer.
- Perform on-site discovery work with customers in support of the sales team’s validation of specific sales opportunities and to learn market requirements and market trends to inform product development. These duties will require the Product Owner to travel up to 30% of the time (although this travel will vary based on demand).
- OpenTempo product expert; understands both the features of the product and how they are used.
- Experience managing customer relationships and developing customer trust.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and performance in leading people, influencing, and motivating.
- Proven success an individual contributor and in leading projects.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to manage cross-functional team efforts.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and uncompromising commitment to quality.
- Demonstrated ability to execute and comply with best practices; advocate of organizational processes.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Effective project management experience; skilled at prioritization, managing expectations, deadlines, and commitments.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume to: email@example.com