OpenTempo QA Automation Engineers are responsible for ensuring the quality, performance, usability, and stability of OpenTempo’s web, mobile, and core integration products. QA Automation Engineers are involved throughout the development lifecycle, focusing on the development and implementation of test automation scripts and test automation tools. Our QA Engineers work closely with Software Developers to identify performance and stability risks, as well as to determine the best path for test automation. They are responsible for defining and driving innovative automated testing strategies in our development processes to guarantee fast and stable delivery of OpenTempo product releases.
QA Automation Engineers help execute the Quality Assurance process in an Agile Development Environment and will thoroughly test and deliver a production candidate, on-time, with a minimum of product defects. Additionally, they will assist with manual testing, test plans, and managing test coverage goals, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Software Quality Leader and QA Analysts to ensure quality across the product
- Assist in establishing Quality Assurance standards, best practices, and process improvements
- Communicate quality status and report metrics of various projects resulting from automated testing efforts
- Participate in the planning and coordination of the overall testing strategy for OpenTempo
- Participate in dialog with Product Owners, Product Managers, and Software Developers on proposed plans, defects, bug fixes, enhancements, and other topics as necessary
- Design, develop, and support frameworks for our test infrastructure and provide automation expertise to our development teams
- Write, implement, automate, and maintain the automated tests
- Contribute toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation
- Other duties as assigned
- Computer Science, IT, or Software Engineering degree, or at least three years of working in QA automation or similar development experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and uncompromising commitment to quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in quality assurance processes, testing methodologies, requirements analysis, and defect tracking, including TDD/BDD best practices
- Experience in creating and overseeing test plans
- Experience in administrating and operating test management software tools, including running automated tests in a CI/CD pipeline
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks across the development lifecycle, including unit, integration, system, and end-to-end tests
- Some scripting and programming experience
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org