The Senior DevOps Engineer is a system manager and cloud operations expert taking the lead in developing, managing and migrating services in our cloud environments. Cloud administrators manage and support the infrastructure which runs our SAAS web and mobile products. DevOps Engineers will also be responsible for managing our office IT infrastructure and cloud hosted applications that support our daily business and workflow. In addition to these responsibilities, DevOps Engineers will oversee our build/deploy pipeline and ensure our product can be delivered to development, test, QA, and production server environments.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for system uptime, and our disaster recovery planning and execution. He or she will be an excellent troubleshooter, able to think and act independently in challenging and, at times, stressful technical situations. Leading change, improving processes, and automating our infrastructure are in-scope for this role and represent areas where involvement is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer the infrastructure that supports OpenTempo SAAS applications
- Develop and implement changes to our rapidly-growing cloud infrastructure
- Manage software releases: create deployment checklists, schedule resources, communicate with those involved
- Work with support staff to provide 2nd tier support on infrastructure and network related issues
- Manage and administrate OpenTempo corporate IT systems including email and file sharing
- Participate in product and software upgrade activities. This will occasionally require activities outside of regular business hours.
- Oversee our build/deploy pipeline ensuring software delivery to cloud server environments.
- Respond to system-down and performance-related emergencies and provide effective troubleshooting to drive resolution and post-mortem remediation.
- Own and execute our disaster recovery strategy and ensure OpenTempo can be quickly restored in the event of catastrophic failure.
- Participate in system maintenance window activities which may be outside of normal business hours.
Technical requirements for this position include:
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; or proof of significant industry experience
- Experience with Linux system administration and/or demonstrated ability
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS desired)
Additional helpful technical skills:
- Experience with configuration management frameworks (SaltStack, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with networking standards like DNS, SSH, VPN, TCP/IP
- Python and/or Ruby programming experience
- Experience supporting production Java webapps with Tomcat, Apache, PostgreSQL
- Experience with various Cloud technologies: AWS, EC2, RDS, S3, Metricly/Grafana/TSDBs
Experience with Container-based technology stacks and administration (Amazon ECS, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume to: email@example.com