The Senior Technical Writer is responsible for promoting the success of both our customers and our implementation projects by developing, maintaining, and managing distribution of documentation and educational media about the OpenTempo product and key processes. These materials are for new customers, existing customers, and new OpenTempo employees.
Senior Technical Writer will work closely with multiple teams across the company, including:
- Development: In the course of the development cycle, the release notes for each new release must be generated to detail changes being made to the application. These changes must also be updated in existing documentation. This includes our API documentation and other guides as necessary.
- Operations: The Senior Technical Writer may receive feedback from Operations that will help direct and improve our documentation. They will also support the Training Specialist to ensure training tools and materials are current and effective.
- Client Services – The CS team has insight into what areas of the product may potentially need further clarification for existing customers. The Senior Technical Writer will work with them to ensure our knowledgebase and in-app help have appropriate content to address our customer needs.
- Building and maintaining a solid, working knowledge of OpenTempo’s features and how the product is used to meet customer needs;
- Developing documentation to improve customer success and reduce effort for everyone;
- Creating materials to help on-board new staff and improve existing staff’s knowledge levels;
- Supporting best practices by integrating into internal training materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating detailed end-user documentation (including user guides, release notes, API guides) for releases and as necessary.
- Creating and maintaining company knowledge base for team and company content.
- Proofreading and editing documentation developed by team members.
- Maintaining familiarity, not only with existing features and functionality, but with new changes being made to the application as detailed in the release notes that are generated with each new release cycle.
- Proactively seeking out members of the development team, when needed, to ensure documentation is accurate and that all features are well-understood and communicated.
- Creating and maintaining internal documentation, best practices, and other responsibilities for the OpenTempo team.
- Design and implement a system for organizing and updating corporate content and documentation deliverables.
- Minimum 1-2 years technical writer experience
- Portfolio samples
- Technical aptitude sufficient to develop a strong understanding of all of the features and functions found in OpenTempo
- Demonstrated writing capability, including a strong ability to explain technical concepts in clear language suitable for multiple levels of technical aptitude
- Self-motivated and goal oriented with an eye for finding and resolving gaps in documentation and training materials
- Willingness and ability to work with all OpenTempo teams
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Ability to handle a variety of projects simultaneously, and capable of managing multiple deadlines
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org